Monday, March 12, 2012

Self-Regulatory Behavior

      I believe that self regulatory behavior has affected me every since high school. I had no type of structured plan as far as studying and doing homework. I would just do it whenever or sometimes would not do either. I have had a huge issues with time management. I don't do anything before it is due. I wait until the last minute. It does not matter if the assignment was given to me a month ago I would still procrastinate and hold off on doing it. I honestly do not know the reason behind me doing it. I think that it has a lot to do with laziness. I am not a lazy person but when it comes down to school work I am a tad bit lazy. Though this exercise has in fact encouraged me to work on my time management. This is not just assignments but things on a daily basis on time or before they need to be done gives you a lot of free time. It also takes away a lot of stress. It would be much easier on me if I just did it ahead of time. So from now on I will try my best to work on my time management.   

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. You have identified the problem. Now you need to make a plan. Without a plan, nothing will change. For example, are you going to start using some type of planner to better organize yourself? Will you commit 2 hours a week to long-term assignments so that you will begin working on them sooner? Will you complete a weekly planner each work so you can measure your success daily and weekly? These are simply ideas. Make a plan that works for you.

    ReplyDelete