Monday, March 5, 2012

My Reading History

My experiences with reading has not always been that great. When I was in elementary I was not the best reader at all. So my forth grade teacher spoke to my mother about my reading ability and they both came to the conclusion that I should start getting tutored everyday after school until further notice. It did not take me very long to increase my reading level. All it took was hard work and a lot of focus for me to get my reading ability to where it should be. When I did head to junior high school I was an excellent, yet and still I did not grow to like reading out loud. Even as a high school student I jst did not like reading aloud. For some odd reason whenever it was time for me to read out loud in class I was always so very nervous and afraid to mess up and be picked on. I was lucky enough to not be forced to read very much out loud in high school and I was very thankful for that. i do like to read a good book not as an adult every now and then, but I still do not like reading out loud unless it is by choice.

1 comment:

  1. Some of your anxiety about reading aloud may come from the early years when you weren't a good reader. Perhaps you felt shame in those days and your fears have carried over. (Now I sound like a counserlor :-)). But seriously don't let past failures stifle your future. You conquered that challenge and you are now continuing your reading development. It's nice to hear that you do read more now. What book are you reading for the final book review?

    ReplyDelete